You put a lot of effort into building up you own local business and you would want to take your marketing campaigns to the next level. Instead of fighting it out with larger businesses over generalizedsearch terms in the search engines, it is suggested to turn your attention to local searches. Google+Local is a local Google+ page specifically for your business. Information shows up in Google, along withappearing in local searches and personalized results for Google+ users. Here is a few reasons you want to fill out and verify your Google+ Local page:
- Google+ enables you to assign a primary category for your business, as well as secondary categories. This way, you are not specifically targeting a keyword with that particular category in association with your local SEO efforts, you still appear in the local search results. You set thesecategories when you first setup the page for business. And if your business falls into multiple categories, choose the one that is either more important to your business, or needs more help on the SEO area. If existing, you would need to claim ownership of the age so you are verified onGoogle+ as the legitimate owner. This gives you several advantages, such as appearing on Google Maps, getting customer reviews and being marked as verified.
- User reviews appear on your page and in search results. Instead of dealing with Yelp and other review sites, your Google+ page gives your customers a place to place a review that would also appear prominently in search results.
- Add content your Google+ page. If you are having a sale or special, anyone who follows the pagewould see the update. It is available to visitors who would come directly from search results.
- Using the social networking features. People can add your page to their circles and you have theoption to do the same. This allows you to connect with your customers, have a conversationwith them directly and interact with other local businesses for networking purposes. The more connections a page has, the more the social reach goes.
- Post videos on your page. Whether or not you verify your Google+ listing, you have the option to post videos on the page. If you have a handcrafted gift shop business, show off some of the local artisans you promote and their techniques. For restaurants, reveal the most enticing menu items and how you cook them. Add behind the scenes videos, video blogs, and other engaging content to keep your visitors coming back for more.
Local search engine optimization is critical for your business, but you do not always have the time to add yet another marketing task on your list.